At GRIDSERVE, we believe in helping everyone make the switch to an electric vehicle so we can help move the needle on climate change. Part of that is our award-winning public EV charging network powered by net zero energy, while an equally big element is GRIDSERVE Car Leasing.
Here, we offer leasing leasing deals across a range of top EV manufacturers and models, from small cars like the MINI Electric to family SUVs such as the Kia Niro. That’s not forgetting the range-topping models from Tesla, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche.
How does the GRIDSERVE leasing process work?
We aim to make leasing a new electric car as easy and straightforward as possible with a team of experts on hand to lead you through the process.
- Find your ideal car: Do your research into what model you want: whether it’s a small city car or large family SUV. Do you need to prioritise range or space? You can use our handy comparison tool when you’ve narrowed it down to see what the perfect car is for you.
- Choose the terms: You’ll need to budget to work out how much you can commit to paying each month. When you have a figure in mind, you can tailor your lease by selecting mileage limits (make sure you don’t underestimate this as if you go over you could end up paying excess fees at the end of a lease), choosing how long you want the car (normally 24, 36 or 48 months) and agreeing on an initial upfront payment.
- Agree the lease: We work with a number of partners to organise your lease. You’ll receive a lease agreement with all the terms and conditions in place. If you’ve got any questions, you can speak to one of our team or your HCVS Sales Agent.
- We process your order: Once you’ve dotted the Is and crossed the Ts it’s time to sign the contract on your lease. We have a long list of in-stock deals which means you could be in a new vehicle in a matter of weeks. If you go for a car that’s not currently in stock, we’ll process your order with the manufacturer to get the car made as quickly as possible
- A delivery date is confirmed: Once the car is ordered and being built, you’ll get a delivery date confirmed. Depending on your model and the factory schedule this could be anything between several weeks to several months.
- The vehicle is delivered to your door: This is the fun bit… it’s time to drive your new car. We’ll deliver it your door free of charge (on the UK mainland) and make sure you’re happy with everything during the handover. Once your lease comes to an end, you’ll be able to hand it back and start the process again on a new model.
What leasing plans are available with GRIDSERVE?
We offer two different options depending on where you think you’ll need to charge.
Net Zero Leasing (charging included)
Your monthly payments on a Net Zero Lease will include all your charging on the GRIDSERVE Electric Highway – whether at an Electric Hub or Super Hub or one of our award-winning Electric Forecourts®. We’ve got over hundreds of sites across the UK so the chances are you’ll never be far away from a GRIDSERVE charger. We call it Net Zero because when you charge with us, we replace every kWh of power you use with net zero carbon energy we’ve captured and stored at our solar farms. This offsets the emissions and puts your environmental balance sheet back in the black.
Low Carbon Leasing (charging not included)
The Low Carbon leasing plan is slightly different. You still get great leasing deals on the latest electric cars, but we don’t include the charging costs in your leasing plan. This means it’s more affordable and it also gives you the option to charge anywhere that is convenient for you.
What are the advantages of a GRIDSERVE leasing contract?
1. We #deliver sustainable energy solutions to EV leasing
Our industry-leading EV chargers are powered exclusively by net zero carbon energy – part of our sun-to-wheel ecosystem. That means every time you charge with us, we’ll put the same amount of kWh that you’ve used back into the grid from solar. With a Net Zero Lease, you’ll be able to include the cost of all that charging in your monthly payment.
2. The GRIDSERVE Electric Highway
We have hundreds of chargers across the UK, at our Electric Hubs and Electric Super Hubs, as well as Electric Forecourts®. We’re continually upgrading our chargers and installing more, high-powered chargers so you can get back on the move quicker and easier.
3. Exclusive Offers
We've developed great relationships with lots of manufacturers and finance companies to bring you exclusive offers on the very latest electric cars. Check out our latest deals now.
4. We plant 100 trees for every new lease
When you lease your EV with GRIDSERVE, we plant 100 trees on your behalf. Our purpose is to help you become a fully-fledged guardian of the planet. Our projects don’t just plant, they ‘rewild’, which means they optimise biodiversity and reduce carbon. Learn more about our tree planting programme.
5. Tax, insurance and maintenance included
All brand new vehicles are under manufacturer’s warranty and come with a three-year MOT plus tax. Maintenance packages can be added when speaking with our finance agents, leaving you with just insurance to arrange.
6. Delivery and customer care
We will deliver your new electric car to your door on a day of your choosing and you can contact us at any time during your lease agreement with any questions and we'll be happy to help.
How long is a GRIDSERVE lease contract?
How long you agree to is up to you. You can select a lease for two, three or four years.
A longer lease will usually mean lower monthly payments as you’re spreading the cost over a longer period.
Can I change my lease contract with GRIDSERVE?
If you want to amend or change your contract – for example, if you think you will exceed your mileage allowance, then contact us and we’ll liaise with the finance provider. The experts there will be able to advise on how to change the contract and the impact it may have on your monthly payments. It’s the same process if you want to discuss an early exit from your lease.
What happens at the end of a GRIDSERVE lease contract?
After many happy years of motoring and your lease coming to an end, you have several options: hand it back as standard, discuss a contract extension or take out a lease on a different car.
If you decide to hand it back, you’ll need to settle any outstanding fees such as excess mileage or damage. While you’re liable for any major damage on the vehicle, we expect that there will be some wear and tear from the miles you’ve covered. Your car will be assessed for fair usage at the end of the contract according to standards set by the British Vehicle Rental & Leasing Association (BVRLA).
Further information including the requirements for end of contract, will be discussed with you during the application and sales process and will be in your documentation pack when you receive it all in the post.