GRIDSERVE and Moto have ended 2022 on a high as 30 new chargers have opened in the last few weeks of the year across four Electric Super Hub locations. This brings the total of High Power chargers installed across the Electric Highway to over 100 in 2022.
On the M1, Moto Woolley Edge North- and Southbound is now open with six 350kW-capable High Power chargers at both sites. On the M4, Moto Leigh Delamere Westbound, six 350kW-capable High Power chargers have opened along with Moto Reading Eastbound, with 12 new 350kW-capable High Power chargers. Including the 22 High Power chargers at the Electric Forecourt® in Norwich, which opened in April 2022, GRIDSERVE have now installed 118 High Power chargers this year, with a total of 141 High Power chargers across the network.
To make it as easy as possible for customers to charge their EVs, all GRIDSERVE Electric Supers Hubs feature both CCS and CHAdeMO connectors, accept contactless payment and provide real-time status updates to a myriad of popular EV charging maps. The chargers are powered by net zero carbon energy from the company’s pioneering hybrid solar + battery farms, supporting GRIDSERVE’s purpose to move the needle on climate change.
This year, GRIDSERVE surpassed one million charging sessions across the network of over 540 chargers in 165 locations and is currently delivering over 10 million EV miles into the UK’s electric vehicles every month.
Toddington Harper, CEO of GRIDSERVE, said: “We are thrilled to open four awesome Electric Super Hubs and mark a milestone of 100 High Power chargers this year. Now in 12 Moto locations, the quicker we can roll out Electric Super Hubs across the UK, the quicker drivers will feel confident to switch to EVs with reliable and easy charging across the country. We look forward to continuing to deliver the next 100 High Power Chargers across our Electric Highway.”
Currently there are High Power chargers at GRIDSERVE Electric Super Hubs at the following locations:
- Moto Rugby (11 350kW-capable chargers)
- Moto Swansea (6 350kW-capable chargers)
- Moto Exeter (12 350kW-capable chargers)
- Moto Burton-in-Kendal (6 350kW-capable chargers)
- Moto Thurrock (12 350kW-capable chargers)
- Moto Severn View (6 350kW-capable chargers)
- Moto Heston (11 350kW-capable chargers)
- Moto Wetherby (12 350kW-capable chargers)
- Moto Woolley Edge Northbound (6 350kW-capable chargers)
- Moto Woolley Edge Southbound (6 350kW-capable chargers)
- Moto Leigh Delamere (6 350kW-capable chargers)
- Moto Reading Eastbound (12 350kW-capable chargers)
Further High Power chargers are available at:
- Norwich Electric Forecourt (22 350kW-capable chargers)
- Braintree Electric Forecourt (12 350kW-capable chargers and 1 360kW-capable chargers)